Skip to Content
If you want to attract customers and don't have cash to spend on hiring outside help for sales and marketing, then read on! You have been told, the number one job of an entrepreneur is sales. So you take the bull by the horn. You evaluate your sales process and get a good idea of how your sales conversion funnel looks like. Mapping your customer's journey from point of first contact with your brand to point of purchase. What you want to do now is to apply the latest innovation in marketing to keep your sales conversion funnel humming.
1. The first place to start is Facebook Ad Manager. Using this Facebook feature is quick way to understand what types of advertising content to target at buyers in each of the three sales conversion stages:
Because I can't cover all three sales conversion stages so I will start with tools useful for whatever brand awareness strategy you go with.
2. To get better at sales conversion, then check out my second recommendation HubSpot Academy. One of the biggest development in sales today is content marketing. Content marketing is basically creating free valuable information vide blog post newsletters, infographics, videos an d e-books which customers find useful and these act as precursor to converting attention into purchase decision. To get good at content marketing, HubSpot offers short slideshow/video tutorials. In today's world of information overload, content marketing helps you catch buyers' attention and the following tools work well in the brand awareness stage to create and promote content.
3. First app you need to have helps you know what your customers are saying. Use Mention. Set up the keywords related to your brand in the app. You will get an alert with details every time your keywords are mentioned.
4. One great app to find out what questions your target customers are asking is question-and-answer platform Quora. You also see answers other experts are giving. You will find great inspiration and references for content for inbound marketing activities.
5. You have seen what topics your target customers want to answers to and so you go on the web to research them, use Snapseed mobile app to improve your photos.
7. If you're just really bad with taking or editing quality photos, you can take a lazier route and download copyright-free images from Unsplash.
8. Take your photos and add text them or create entirely new and elaborate graphic designs from templates on everyone's favourite design software Canva.
At this point you have put together your content, let's start publishing it
9. Social media which is important for brand awareness and social proof. To rank well on social media you need to post good quality content consistently. Post scheduling app Buffer lets you schedule multiple content across different platforms at a go - so you can get back to working on other things.
10. If you plan on an email marketing, use MailChimp: To subscribe your target customers to your email list; create beautiful newsletters; and create a landing page for your newsletter for those that don’t subscribe to your email list.
12. Collaboration is important in marketing and you can use Google Drive to share progress together with teammates, partners and clients.
13. At some point, you need more than a #DIY app and want to look for professional help with your sales and marketing. Time to pay a visit to Upwork to hire a freelancer for everything from designing and implementing marketing strategy to legal services and accounting services.
All these resources get easier to use with time and can even become indispensable to the young business owner. The secret is in trying them out and exploring their features. I hope share tools for the second and third phases of the sales conversion funnel - consideration phase and conversion. Did you enjoy this? Leave a comment to get a notice when I do.
(Recommended for Professionals)
(Recommended for business owners)
(Recommended for company owners)